Saturday, April 20, 2019

THE HISTORY-SHEETER

Police Lockup


The familiar taste of the putrid water being distributed in the cells even when the purifier is right next to the main gate, the screams of the neighboring interrogation room where “information is being extracted” and the sobbing ladies imploring the constables for any leads regarding their loved ones while they’re being dragged out of the station; all of this seems banal and gloomy to me. Its hard to understand that how everyday this same scene gets acted upon on a loop and society expects to be safe and free from any crimes.
Me on the other hand , I am not in the Police, nor am I a criminal, atleast not as of now. I haven’t lost anything or anyone nor do I have any information regarding the many incidents that take place everyday. I am just a History-Sheeter , an idiot who got locked up once for relieving some poor old bastard of his wallet. To be honest there was hardly anything to be cherished in that waste of cheap leather , but apparently it was that loser’s everything. He even overstated the amount he had in his complaint , it was only when I got caught a week later that I gave the exact details of the 400 rupees and some loose change he was carrying. Well it was my first attempt so can’t expect the crown jewels but I still abhor him and the fact that he gets to call himself the victim in all this. They say “honor among thieves” , what about this moron , trying to milk the petty thief like me.
Police Interrogation
Silent it may seem but its quite deafening if you're at the receiving end(PC- returnofkings )
Anyway since then, irrespective of the magnitude of the incident I get simply lifted off the streets like garbage and get thrown into one of these demonic cells. Later somebody will come and skin me and the others with a belt or bare hands(depending upon his mood). 
It isn't always the case but it does come to mind (PC milligazette )


I am actually a Punter ,whatever that is and I am supposed to carry information of anything that happens in my locality because apparently I have a large circle of similar petty thieves and pick pockets. So me being locked up in the cells hardly ever helps the police in catching anyone but its just a standard procedure to soothe and calm the senior officers who prefer visible progress over actual progress in a case. I provide a genuine sense of security to the ones who are in-charge of everyone’s security. These uniformed personnel do strut around but I get to see the part when they are pressurized and treated in the same manner society treats us. I am a necessary and benign evil to vent out their desperations, frustrations, failures. In a way I am their Avengers who saves the day everytime they are down and dusted because despite having all the knights and the horses they get to be vulnerable and humane by being inhuman to me. 


What do you think guys, I will keep creating more relatable and practical content which I come across as part of my job. Do checkout my other posts as well-

The Election Duty

The New Culture of Godmen

A Prayer for Christchurch













0 Comments:

Post a Comment